Last modified: Jan 1, 2014
- What information we collect
- Why this information is collected
- Who has access to the information that is collected
Your privacy matters to Forums Libre, please exercise caution in what information you share. If you have any questions on what information we collect please contact us.
Forums Libre, refers to the Forums Libre website, which is owned and administered by Paphus Solutions Inc., a Canadian corporation.
Forums Libre collects information in two ways, through user creation, and through forum creation and posts.
The following user information is collected through user account creation and usage:
- User id - This is your unique Forums Libre account id. Your id will be visible to other users and the forums that your interact with, and the administrators of those forums. If you wish to keep your identity private, do not use your real name for your user id.
- Name - This is your real name. It is stored in the admin database and used for account administration, you can choose if you want your name displayed on your public user profile.
- Email - This is your email address. It is stored in the admin database and used for account administration, and may be used for notifications from Forums Libre. It can be used as an alternative to your user id to sign in to your account, or may be used to retrieve your password hint, or reset your password.
- Password - This is your account password. The password will be used for sign in validation. The password will not be stored with your account, only used as an encryption key to validate your sign in credentials.
- Password hint - Your password hint can be used by you as a reminder of your password. Avoid using your password as the hint, or something that would be an obvious hint to your pasword to anyone other than yourself. The hint may be emailed to your registered email address on request. The password hint is stored in the admin database along with your user information.
Anything you post to the forums will be visible to the general public, unless the forum is a private forum. Do not post confidential or private information to a forum. The website administrators may monitor private forums to ensure they comply with the website terms of service.
Anything you post to a live chat channel will be visible to the channel participants. All chat channels are recorded and the logs may be reviewed by the channel administrator. Do not post confidential or private information to a live chat channel. The website administrators may monitor private channels to ensure they comply with the website terms of service.
It is recommended that minors only use this website with the permission of their parent or guardian, and do so only under the supervision of their parent or guardian. Minors should never post personal information to a forum.